My tea time is not complete without a piece of cake. So I decided to bake a torte made with almond flour and vanilla. It’s eggless and gluten free too . The sweet and nutty flavor of this torte is scrumptious.
- These tiny little squares are perfect for tea time. This sweet torte pairs very well with the strong espresso.
- You could change this into a tasty dessert with a drizzle of raspberry sauce. The tart rasberry sauce cuts the sweetness of the torte and it tastes yummy .
- You could eat it with vanilla ice cream. It instantly changes into a fancy date night dessert .
Whichever way you have it, it tastes divine .
Torte sounds better than a cake right ?
The difference between a torte and a cake is not much because both are made with similar ingredients , But a torte is mainly made with nut flours with very little flour and lots butter to make it rich.
Here is the recipe …
Dry ingredients :
- Almond powder …. 2 cups
- Gluten free flour ……½ cup
- (Or all purpose flour)
- Baking powder ………. 1 teaspoon
- Baking soda …………… 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt …….. 1/4 teaspoon
- Granulated sugar………1/4 cup
Wet ingredients :
- Sweetened condensed milk …1 can
- Unsalted butter….. 1 stick or 1/2 cup
- vanilla extract …… 1 tablespoon
- Water ……… 1/4 cup
1. Take all the dry ingredients, almond powder, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and powdered sugar.Sift them together and keep it aside.
2. In a glass bowl melt the butter in the microwave. Let it cool for sometime.
3. Now add the condensed milk , vanilla extract and water and mix it well . Now slowly add the dry ingredients and gently mix it with a fork. Do not over mix .
4. Remember to Pre heat the oven at 350*F for 10 minutes.
5. Take a round cake pan,butter the sides of the pan, Put a layer of parchment paper at the bottom and pour the batter.
7. Stick a took pick in the center, if it comes out clean the cake is ready.
8. Let the torte cool completely and then take it out of the pan.
9. Run a knife to make sure the sides are not sticking to the pan then invert it on a cake plate.
10. You can dust it with some powdered sugar before serving it .
This recipe has simple ingredients and simple procedure so it’s very easy to make and it gets ready in minutes. If you are entertaining , It will make a great impact at your party for sure.
If you can resist the intoxicating smell of vanilla wait and have this torte the next day, it tastes amazing.
I bake this in the night and let it rest till next morning, it gets so moist and soft which makes it extremely tasty.
All rights reserved ©savvysouthindian.com