Valentine’s Day is all about celebrating love. Where there is love there is chocolate! So I baked these decadent Brownie cupcakes for my chocoholic family to show how much I love them.
This day is not only special for the couples, it is indeed very special for the whole family. we get a chance to show how much we appreciate each other. Each person has their own way of showing their love. I believe, the best way to steal their hearts is through homemade treats.
Eggless & Gluten Free – Brownie Cupcakes
These aren’t your usual cupcakes, I call them chocolate overload cupcakes. It has cocoa powder, melted chocolate and a scrumptious Nutella frosting. It is a fudgy brownie bite with a luscious chocolate frosting. What’s not to like?
Let’s get to the recipe… This is what you need …
- Almond flour – 2 cups
- Gluten free flour (or) all purpose flour – 1/2 cup
- Unsweetened Cocoa powder – 2 tablespoons
- Baking powder – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – 1/4 teaspoon
- Sweetened Condensed milk – 1 can
- Butter – 1/2 cup (melted)
- Semisweet (or) dark chocolate chips – 1/2 cup (melted)
- Fat free evaporated milk (or) Regular milk – 1/2 cup
- Vanilla extract – 1 teaspoon
This recipe fills 4 mini muffin trays, and a little bit more batter to enjoy, it tastes heavenly. The best part is there is no raw eggs in it.
- Take a big bowl and combine all the dry ingredients.
- Make sure all the ingredients are at room temperature
- Melt the chocolate chips and the butter in the microwave.
- Heat them just until the chocolate starts to melt ( about 30 seconds)
- Even if you see couple of whole chips it’s fine, the heat from the butter will melt them
- Do not over heat the chocolate.
- Take it out and mix it with a whisk or a spatula until the chocolate gets shiny.
- Now add the condensed milk, evaporated milk, vanilla and mix it very well.
- Now pour the wet mix to the dry mix and combine it very well.
- Do not over mix, Otherwise the cupcakes sinks in the center after it’s baked.
- You can also use 60% cocoa chips or dark chocolate chips if you want them to be mildly sweetened.
- The evaporated milk is very creamy and thick so I have used the fat free version.
- If you are using regular milk or plant based milk.Use full fat or low fat milk, complete fat free won’t work for this recipe.
Pre heat the oven at 350*F for 10 minutes.
- In the mean time coat the mini muffin trays with butter and fill them up to 3/4 full.
- You can use a cookie scoop to fill it. I like to put the chocolate mix in a zip lock bag, cut the corner and use it like a pastry bag. It is so easy to fill the right amount without a mess.
Bake it at 350* F for exactly 12 minutes.
- Do not over bake. The chocolate tends to be gooey and sets once it cools.
- Take it out promptly and let it cool completely before frosting them.
Baking Tips :
- I have used dark non stick pans, it heats up faster and retains the heat for sometime even after you take it out of the oven.
- If you are using lighter, regular pans bake it for 15 minutes. Insert a toothpick in the middle, if it comes out clean then it’s baked.
- The melted chocolate in it tends to stick to the liner so I like to bake it as brownie bites without the liner.
It sure does have the airy texture of a cupcake and tastes like a brownie. Mmm …. Scrumptious!
It just tastes so good even without the frosting. So I put them in a liner and packed them in this beautiful box for my husband.
My kids love frosting, of course that is the best part about the cupcakes right?
Let me show you how easy it is to make this frosting from scratch at home in a matter of minutes. All you need is …
Ingredients for the frosting
- Melted butter – 1/4 cup
- Condensed milk – 1/2 cup
- Unsweetened cocoa powder – 1/2 cup
- Nutella – 1 tablespoon
- Vanilla extract – 1 teaspoon
Take a bowl add the ingredients and mix it vigorously with the spatula. It slowly thickens up and gets extremely shiny. That’s it, your frosting is ready to use. How easy is that ?
This recipe frosts 24 cupcakes
- The color of the frosting changes depending on which brand of cocoa powder you use.
- If you use Ghirardeli brand you get darker color frosting. Me and my husband like the darker version
- Nestle cocoa powder tends to be lighter in color so you get lighter color frosting. My kids love this one.
- I have frosted some with Grardeli and some with Nestle hence the difference in color.
Don’t expect this frosting to be light and fluffy. Since we used very less butter and whipped this up by hand instead of an electric mixer, This is going to be a fudgy frosting, which sets quickly at room temperature and it’s so easy to transport, it sticks nicely to the cupcake without any refrigeration.
Love this adorable line up, isn’t it cute ! My kids are going to enjoy them for sure.
Expressing your love via a card or a note is always special, all you need is 5 simple words to show how much you love them.
We all know love is blind, limitless and unconditional. Don’t forget to show them through your gestures, you should be able to see it, hear it, feel it, smell it and taste it too. Cherish love with all five senses!
Always bake from your heart, From my kitchen to yours…..
Happy Valentine’s Day ❤️