I love breakfast treats! There is nothing equivalent to starting your day with a hot cup of Joe and a healthy, yummy homemade pastries. If you are a person who likes to eat pound cake and banana bread you are going to be a happy camper! This recipe is made just for you!
I love to experiment a lot when it comes to baking. I take the best of two totally different things and put together in one recipe. Sometimes it comes out great, sometimes it’s a total disaster. But I never give up until I get it right, This recipe is a result of one of those crazy experiments that turned out so good. Hope you all like it as much we do!
Almond oatmeal Loaf – Eggless/ Gluten Free
- Almond flour – 1 1/2 cups
- Quick cook oats (GF) – 1 1/2 cups
- GF flour (or) All purpose flour – 1/2 cup
- Granulated sugar – 1/4 cup
- Baking powder – 1 teaspoon
- Baking soda – 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt – 1/4 teaspoon
- Melted butter – 1/4 cup
- Sweetened Condensed milk – 1 can ( 14 ounce)
- Milk ( full fat ) – 1/2 cup
- Vanilla extract – 2 teaspoons
- Banana extract – 1/4 teaspoon (optional)
- Take a bowl and mix all the dry ingredients together
- Take a big cup and mix all the wet ingredients together
- Now pour the wet mix to the dry mix and combine it well
- Take a loaf pan, butter the sides put a parchment liner
- Pour the batter and smooth it out
- Now cover it with an aluminum foil, this prevents the top of the bread from burning.
- Use a toothpick and make holes it in.
- This helps the steam escape so that the top of the bread doesn’t crack.
- Pre heat the oven for ten minutes.
- Put the loaf pan in the oven and bake it at 350*F for 50 minutes.
*The very first time I baked it the top got burned so I followed the method below, it came out perfect.
Quickly open the oven and take off the foil after 30 minutes of baking and let it bake for another 20 minutes without the foil, so that the top gets a nice golden brown color.
- Transfer the pan on to a board or a cooling rack.
- Let it stay in the pan until it cools completely.
- The bread needs a lot of resting time so that it won’t fall apart.
- Use a sharp serrated knife to cut clean slices.
- If you have the will power to resist the smell of freshly baked bread, let it rest overnight😜
- I made mine with gluten free flour, but you can also make it with all purpose flour. No need to change the recipe.
- I added a tiny bit of banana extract to enhance the flavor, it’s totally optional. You can also use almond extract or any other favors you like.
- I have added very less sugar since it gets the sweetness from the condensed milk, you can completely leave out the sugar or you can also substitute it with light brown sugar.
- You can also use coconut milk or almond milk it tastes great too.
Oh the sweet smell of freshly baked bread is out of this world!
Look at that soft and fluffy slices, they are definitely worth the wait!
We all know pound cakes are made with lots of butter, I have used very less butter in this recipe and yet it has the texture of a pound cake and tastes light and airy like a banana bread, what’s not to like?
I slightly toast it or warm it up and spread a tiny bit of salted butter on it. Mmmm…the nutty almonds, the flaky oats with a touch of saltiness is heavenly.
Moms are just wonderful souls, they are selfless, caring and loving without expecting anything in return. For them every day is a Mother’s Day as long as their kids are healthy, happy and safe. A simple thoughtful gesture definitely makes them feel special, loved and appreciated. So let’s give a big shout out to all the wonderful Moms and Grandmas out there for their unconditional love and support! 🌷