Whenever there is a special occasion I bake a special cake. This raspberry oatmeal cake has a very unique taste. It’s tart, sweet and decadent! It not only looks so fancy it tastes delicious too!
Raspberries are my favorite.They are so delicate and I love the color, texture and the flavor of these berries. I use them in all possible forms, fresh, frozen, juice, jams etc.. This time I baked a cake with raspberry purée, it just came out awesome! This recipe is eggless and gluten free too! I just can’t wait to share this with you all!
Doesn’t this look so tempting !
- Oats (quick cook) – 1 cup ( GF/ regular)
- Almond flour – 1 cup
- Flour ( gluten free/ All purpose ) – 1/2 cup
- Baking powder – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – 1/4 teaspoon
- Light brown sugar – 1/4 cup
- Granulated sugar – 1/4 Cup
- Butter (melted) – 1/4 cup
- Sweetened condensed milk – 1 can
- Raspberry purée – 1 cup – (fresh/frozen)
- Vanilla extract – 1/2 teaspoon (optional)
Powdered sugar – 1 tablespoon (for dusting)
- I have used frozen berries, you can also use fresh berries.
- Just put the frozen berries in a blender and grind it into a powder.
- No need to thaw it. Don’t add any water.
- The seeds got crushed very well because it was frozen so I didn’t even bother to run it through a sieve.
- If you don’t like the seeds make sure you filter it before adding it to the mix
- Raspberries are so tart so you definitely need this amount of sugar to balance the taste.
- The vibrant red color changes into this pinkish purple color when it mixed with the condensed milk.
- Take a big bowl, add all the dry ingredients and mix it well.
- In a cup mix all the wet ingredients and keep it ready.
- Now pour the wet mix to the dry mix and combine it well.
- Let’s prepare the cake pan, butter the sides, Line it with parchment paper
- Put a strip in the middle it really helps to pull the cake out easily once it’s baked.
- Pour the batter and smooth it out.
- Slightly shake and tap the pan, it helps get rid of the air bubbles
Remember to pre heat the oven for ten minutes
Bake it at 350*F for 30 minutes
Look at the vibrant color, it gives a beautiful purple hue to the cake once it’s baked. Amazing right ?
The tiny splash of vanilla I added actually enhanced the raspberry flavor, It just smells amazing!
Now the cake is ready, let it cool completely before you decorate it.
- If you don’t have a stencil you can also use a doily or you can cut one out very easily.
- Just put it on top of the cake, make sure the design is properly aligned.
- Now put some powdered sugar on a sieve and gently dust it on top of the cake.
- Do this just before you serve it otherwise it will melt so quickly.
Look at that beautiful design, It’s almost too pretty to eat !
- The almond flour gave this cake a rich torte like taste
- The oats gave a wonderful flaky texture
- The sweet smell of raspberries made it so irresistible!
It’s literally making my mouth water. Come on let’s cut it and have a taste!
Last week my blog/site got featured as one of The Top 100 Indian Food Blogs! Being a food blogger, I really wanted to celebrate and share this awesome recognition with you all via a sweet post and this cake definitely fit the occasion and the theme of my site so perfectly!
“Making Simple Things Special”
There you go! Your usual breakfast treat taken up a notch! Raspberry oatmeal bar in the form of a cake! Enjoy!
A special thanks to all my followers and visitors for making this possible! ❤️