The word pasta means comfort in my dictionary. Once in awhile I like to kick it up a notch to please our spicy Indian palate so I decided to give this classic Italian dish an Asian flare. Sounds tempting right?
Let’s see how to make this mighty delicious pasta.
This recipe serves 2 – 4
- Penne – 1 cup
- Pasta sauce – 1 cup
- Mixed veggies – 1 onion, 1 red & green bell pepper, 1 carrot (thinly sliced)
- Peas + corn – 1/2 cup
- Garlic – 1 tablespoon (finely minced)
- Red Chili sauce – 1 teaspoon
- Green chili – 2 slit (optional)
- Finely chopped coriander leaves – 1 tablespoon
- Oil + butter for sautéing – 1 tablespoon
- Salt -1/2 teaspoon
- You can also use spaghetti or noodles to make this dish
- Always make sure to use a good quality pasta sauce, it really makes a big difference in taste. I have used RAO’s tomato basil pasta sauce. You can use homemade or your favorite brand of pasta sauce.
- Since this dish has Asian flavors I’ve used Spicy chili sauce and coriander/ cilantro leaves. If you don’t have them just use red chili flakes and parsley.
- Perp the veggies and keep it aside
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the box, it clearly tells you how long it needs to cook, how many cups of pasta per person, how much salt and oil that needs to be added to the boiling water.
- I added the peas and corn with this so that it gets cooked nicely and it takes away the raw taste.
- Once the pasta is cooked perfectly, drain and keep it ready.
- Make sure you do not over cook the pasta it should be al dente (toothsome)
- Add oil and butter to a broad pan, add all the veggies and sauté them until they are cooked but still retain a crunch.
- Add the garlic, chili sauce, cilantro and salt and sauté them nicely.
- Add the pasta, mix it with the veggies
- Never ever add the tomato sauce right from the bottle, always make sure to slightly heat it up. it makes a big difference in taste. It wakes up all the flavors and makes it fresh and crisp.
- Now add the tomato sauce to the pasta, Mix everything nicely and keep it in a low flame for a couple of minutes it allows all the flavors to meld nicely.
TADA! Your tasty pasta is ready!! How easy it that?
Oh man! the smell of basil, cilantro, chili and the garlic is irresistible, it’s literally an aroma therapy for you. Doesn’t this look mighty delicious?
Come on let’s serve a bowl of this hot steamy pasta. Mmm … the spicy, garlicky tomato sauce, the crunchy veggies and the pasta with that perfect bite, it’s absolutely satisfying! Go ahead and make yourself a bowl of this sinfully good pasta, I bet you won’t be disappointed!
I also made the same recipe with spaghetti, Look how yummy it looks!
Who doesn’t love a bowl of hot steamy pasta?. You should see my kids face light up when I say I’m making pasta for dinner. It’s a Friday night ritual in my household. But my kid has gluten intolerance so I’m always on the hunt for good gluten free pasta. Last week I stumbled upon this gluten free penne and spaghetti made exclusively with corn and rice flour. I wanted to give this a try, to my surprise it was delicious. The color, texture and taste was very much like regular wheat pasta, we loved it. I have tried many different brands but this one turned out to be the best.
Published by Latha @ savvysouthindian.com
© All rights reserved.