I was looking through my window, the trees have changed colors. It was drizzling, the chilly autumn breeze reminded me that fall has arrived. It is absolutely my favorite time of the year. Fall marks the start of all the festivities here, This inspired me to bake this almond loaf with warm cozy spices and bring in the beautiful earthy colors to my table.
I’m telling you, These soft mini slices taste divine with a hot cup of cocoa!
Cinnamon Almond Loaf
Yields 3 mini loaves
- Almond flour – 2 cups
- All purpose/ gluten free flour – 1/2 cup
- Brown sugar – 1/2 cup
- Granulated sugar – 1/4 cup
- Baking powder – 1 teaspoon
- Baking soda – 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt – 1/4 teaspoon
- Ground Cinnamon – 1/2 teaspoon
- Ground Clove – a pinch
- Nutmeg – a pinch
- Condensed milk – 1/2 cup
- Melted butter – 1/4 cup
- Hot water – 1 cup
- I wanted the smell of cinnamon to be prominent so I added very little clove and nutmeg because they are very potent and they can easily overpower the flavor.
- If you want a little crunch you can add chopped walnuts to the batter.
- In a bowl add all the dry ingredients and mix it well
- Take a cup pour all the wet ingredients mix it well.
- Now add the wet mix to the dry mix and combine them without any lumps
- Let the batter rest for 10 to 15 minutes
- In the meantime pre heat the oven at 350*F
- Prepare the pans, coat them nicely with butter
- Fill the batter up to 1/2 of the pan
- Shake, smooth and tap to get the air bubbles out
- Put them in the oven and bake it for 30 minutes
- Take them out and let it cool in the pan.
- As it cools it sinks in the middle, that’s perfectly okay.
The resting time is very important, it makes it easier to slice. Never ever try to slice them when it’s hot, it will fall apart.
Look at it , the little dimple in the middle gives this beautiful M shape to the slices, Aren’t these cute?
Look how soft and fluffy they are… The mix of cinnamon, clove and nutmeg gave this loaf a wonderful aroma which is so pleasant and warm. I’m gonna make some hot cocoa to go with these cinnamon loaves it will be a wonderful treat for my kids when they get back from school. I just can’t wait to take a bite…
My kids are very excited for Halloween 👻, they have picked out their costumes and created a spooky display. This year they have decided to stay home and give out candies for all the little trick or treaters.
Happy Halloween 🎃 If you want know more about this festival and Halloween inspired cakes click here to check out my post.
Published by Latha @ savvysouthindian.com
All rights reserved.